by Fortel Traffic, Inc.
Used in school zones and other areas where traffic must be slowed down at specific times of day, this flashing beacon system is more than just flashing lights—the optional radar adds Traffic Data Acquisition System (TDAS) capability and driver-feedback capability. TDAS enables peak- and low-speed recording, allowing percentile calculations for vehicles in the zone.
- Multiple independently-scheduled vehicle speed thresholds can trigger any variation of light displays and/or auxiliary devices: strobes, flashers, sirens, beacons, wireless alerts, etc.
- Flashing Beacon can also be programmed to coordinate with a VCalm® sign.
- Programming delivers exceptional autonomy for optional solar/battery installations.
- SD Card provides practically limitless data storage space (40 years of data per gigabyte) and makes programming and data retrieval simple and affordable. (SDHC compatible)
- Modems, coupled with our automated online software, provide remote access to sign programming so changes can be made instantly.
- VSpeed™Online is the ultimate management software that gives the ability to program signs, simulate functionality, analyze data, and deploy configuration changes through remote access or SD cards.
Easy and Accurate Reporting
- With an optional radar, Traffic Data Acquisition System (TDAS) collects the fastest and slowest speed for each vehicle. The software uses this data to calculate the percentage of slowing vehicles and prove the device’s effectiveness.
- Accurate raw data collected by VCalm® can be used to construct limitless report formats and parameters for thorough data analysis.