Advanced Warning Crosswalk System
by Fortel Traffic, Inc.
Fortel Traffic’s self-contained solar-powered SafeXing™ system provides more advanced warning to drivers when there are pedestrians in an upcoming crosswalk. The LED sign may be placed up to 800 feet away from a crosswalk, making it the ideal choice for pedestrian crossings around corners, over hills, or any other possible application. The sign also doubles as a traffic calming sign with an optional radar.
SafeXing™ utilizes high-volume high-intensity tightly clustered LEDs to maintain the highest visibility possible. This proven method of authoritative message presentation demands driver’s attention, making it the most efficient traffic calming sign on the market.
- When PED push button is actuated, display alerts drivers of pedestrians in crosswalk.
- Internal Radar detects vehicle speeds causing drivers to slow down when exceeding the speed limit.
SafeXing™ is lightweight and easy to install, yet maintains superior construction and durability. VCalm® has consistently proven to be the longest lasting speed sign in the industry.
- SD Card provides practically limitless data storage space (40 years of data per gigabyte) and makes programming and data retrieval simple and affordable. (SDHC compatible)
- Modems, coupled with our automated online software, provide remote access to sign programming so changes can be made instantly.
- VSpeed™Online is the ultimate management software that gives the ability to program signs, simulate functionality, analyze data, and deploy configuration changes through remote access or SD cards.
Lowest Power Consumption
SafeXing™ uses proprietary PWMS™ LED technology that consumes 50% less power than common LED technology. Solar power with back-up battery power is included to deliver exceptional autonomy.
Easy and Accurate Reporting
- With an optional radar, Traffic Data Acquisition System (TDAS) collects the fastest and slowest speed for each vehicle. The software uses this data to calculate the percentage of slowing vehicles and prove the device’s effectiveness.
- Accurate raw data collected by VCalm® can be used to construct limitless report formats and parameters for thorough data analysis.
VCalm®VMS-M: Mini Variable Message Sign
- Characters: 4″(W) x 6″(H)
- Sign Dimensions: 28.5″(W) x 12″(H) x 5″(D)
- Weight: 39lb
Pole: 2.5″(D) x 2.5″(W) x 12′(H) (3′ Underground)
Pedestrian Push Button
Heavy-Duty 11-Gauge (0.090") Continuous Formed Aluminum Enclosure
High-Intensity Amber LEDs
3/8" Polycarbonate Lens
Radar (Optional Add-On):
- K Band (24.159 GHz)
- FCC Compliant (no licence required)
- Low Power (<2 Watt)
- ±1MPH Accuracy